Srushti IMX supports Project 511
We’re proud to have supported Project 511, an initiative to help enable education for the less privileged.
Each year, Project 511 organises ‘Food for Change’, a charity dinner to help the cause.
Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality are surely related in a way, but are different from each other. Is the difference really noticeable? The two frequently come up in the same conversation and are often confused with one another by the less aware. But the difference is relevant, and is totally worth informing.
Augmented reality is the combination of virtual reality and real life, as developers can create images within applications that combine in with contents in the real world. With Augmented reality, users are able to interact with virtual contents in the real world, and are able to differentiate between the two.
Virtual Reality is an artificial, computer-generated recreation of a real life environment or situation. It engages the user by making them feel like they are experiencing the simulated reality, primarily by stimulating their vision and hearing.
Engaging in Augmented reality, we start to blend in the elements of the digital world with graphics and visuals of the real world.
On the other hand, Virtual reality is usually preferred to create an alternate dimension which becomes an intimate or an isolated experience for the user.
Having a remarkable ability to alter the perception of the minds of an individual. There are certain similarities between the functioning of Augmented and Virtual reality:
• The use of technology is an inbound similarity between the functioning of Augmented and Virtual reality. Both the technologies serve the purpose of giving an enhanced user experience.
• The common use of AR and VR are known to be found in the field of entertainment. The launch of similar products and applications using these technologies are being undertaken by companies to be used in the entertainment sector.
• Augmented and Virtual reality also have a similar effect in the fields of science and medicine. As the technology has adversely effected the betterment of these fields by making remote surgeries and detailed checkups a possibility.
However, as the two maybe be related in a way. They are different from each other and differ with each other in various different ways.
One acts on making additions to the real world through objects or graphics and one separates us from the real world.
• Augmented reality is being used more and more in mobile devices such as laptops, smart phones, and tablets as it allows the blend between the digital world and reality.
• Virtual reality is usually delivered to the user through a head-mounted controller. This equipment connects people to the virtual reality, and allows them to control and navigate their actions in an environment.
• Augmented Reality, users continue to be connected with the real world while interacting with virtual objects around them.
• With Virtual Reality, the user is separated from the real world while being engaged in a world that is invented
• VR works better for video games and social networking in a virtual environment. Examples like X-Box or even PlayStation.
• Augmented reality work better for Smart phone applications and Tablets.
As AR and VR have their own aims, there are certain features of AR and VR which separates them from each other in terms of their objectives.
• In Augmented reality, the system augments the real world scene while the user maintains a sense of presence in the real world. It needs a mechanism to combine virtual and real worlds.(Phone, Tablet)
• In Virtual reality, the environment is totally immersive while the senses are totally under the control of system. It needs a mechanism to feed virtual worlds to the user.(Headset)
• AR adds layers to the real world, VR blocks it out entirely.
• AR is made to be used in public, VR in made to be used in private.
• AR can be social, VR is looking to create new social interactions in the virtual world.
VR is for content:
VR is the only medium that guarantees the user’s complete focus on the content. It makes you detached from the outer world.
AR is for the real world:
AR adds visual layers to our experiences in real time. It sometimes faces issues with the execution of poor display due to some malfunctions.
The future of Augmented reality and Virtual reality, has a lot in store for the people of the world. Having innumerable applications, it is acting as an aid to make the lives of the users simpler by the implicating the fascinating technology in various sectors. With Virtual reality, acting like an alternate dimension has its own perks. Augmented reality is blending the digital content with the real time content and giving us an experience without ignoring the real life from our Phones or Tablets through numerous applications with different features.
Currently, Augmented reality is ahead of Virtual reality with several products already on the market. We are witnessing the rise of AR hardware devices from like the Google Glass, and numerous applications for android and iOS users. In terms of VR, the technology is just stepping up to the next level with the rise of the products like Oculus Rift, it is moving pretty fast.
However, Tim Cook said in a recent interview that he prefers Augmented reality over Virtual reality as AR doesn’t completely shun off the real world and functions by adding digital elements to it virtually. VR on the other hand is an intimate experience for the user, connecting to a headset which stimulates the vision and hearing, providing him with a complete 3D experience.
VR maybe more engaging, but AR provides freedom to the user and is easier to market as it does not require a head-mounted display. Both AR and VR will receive success on the basis of being revolutions in technology. However, AR might have more commercial success though, because it does not completely take people out of the real world and is easily accessible or affordable compared to a VR device.
Do you dream of owning or using the latest gadgets in the market? Are you a technology enthusiast? If yes, then you would love to know about CES 2017. CES is the biggest technology trade show and serves as a window to the future of technology.Read more >